Private Wealth Management Since 1993
Private Wealth Management is banking, investment, and other financial services provided by Wealth Management Financial Institutions to high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) who enjoy high levels of income or invest sizable assets. The term “private” refers to the customer service rendered on a more personal basis than in mass-market retail banking, usually via dedicated Wealth Managers. It does not refer to a private bank, which is a non-incorporated banking institution.
Private Wealth Management forms an important, high-level and more exclusive (for the especially affluent HNWI) subset of Wealth Management.
Our Private Wealth Management services include banking services (deposit taking and payments), discretionary asset management, brokerage, limited tax advisory services.
Private Wealth Management – Historical Context
Private banking is the way banking originated. The first banks in Venice were focused on managing personal finance for wealthy families. Private banks became known as ‘Private’ to stand out from the retail banking & savings banks aimed at the new middle class. Traditionally, Private Banks were linked to families for several generations. They often advised and performed all financial & banking services for families. Historically, private banking has developed in Europe. Some banks in Europe are known for managing assets of some royal families. The assets of the Princely Family of Liechtenstein are managed by LGT Group (founded in 1920 and originally known as The Liechtenstein Global Trust).
The assets of the Dutch royal family are managed by MeesPierson (founded in 1720). The assets of the British Royal Family are managed by Coutts (founded in 1692).
Historically, private banking has been viewed as a very exclusive niche that only caters to high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) with liquidity over $2 million, though it is now possible to open private banking accounts with as little as $250,000 for private investors. An institution’s private banking division provides services such as wealth management, savings, inheritance, and tax planning for their clients. For private banking services clients pay either based on the number of transactions, the annual portfolio performance or a “flat-fee”, usually calculated as a yearly percentage of the total investment amount.
“Private” also alludes to bank secrecy and minimizing taxes through careful allocation of assets, or by hiding assets from the taxing authorities. Swiss and certain offshore banks have been criticized for such cooperation with individuals practicing tax evasion. Although tax fraud is a criminal offense in Switzerland, tax evasion is only a civil offence, not requiring banks to notify taxing authorities.
In Switzerland, there are many banks providing private banking service. From Congress of Vienna in 1815 Switzerland has remained neutral including the time of two World Wars. After World War I, the former nobles of Austro-Hungarian Empire moved their assets to Switzerland for fear of confiscation by new governments.
During World War II, many wealthy people, including Jewish families and institutions, moved their assets into Switzerland to protect them from Nazi Germany. However, this transfer of wealth into Switzerland had mixed and controversial results, as beneficiaries had difficulties retrieving their assets after the war.
After World War II, in east Europe, assets were again moved into Switzerland for fear of confiscation by communistic governments. Today, Switzerland remains the largest offshore center, with about 27 percent ($2.0 trillion) of global offshore wealth in 2009, according to Boston Consulting Group. (Offshore wealth is defined as assets booked in a country where the investor has no legal residence or tax domicile)
In England private banks were established in the 17th century, in parallel with the development of agriculture, managing the assets of the royal family, nobility and the landed gentry.
The United States has one of the largest scale private banking systems in part due to the 3.1 million HNWIs accounting for 28.6% of the global HNWIs population in 2010, according to the co-research of Capgemini and Merrill Lynch. Some American banks that specialize in private banking date back to the 19th century, such as U.S. Trust (founded in 1812) and Northern Trust (founded in 1889).
Our Private Wealth Management – Investment Platforms
For our Private Clients with immediate investable assets of more than 2m USD we provide Full Open Architecture Private Banking Investment Platforms where a we can advise upon and / or arrange all the third party investments contained within the whole investment universe.
Our Private Wealth Management – Value Proposition
Helping you, to secure your ongoing financial future for you, your family, and your dependents.
We I have a unique and clear vision of what “Private Wealth Management” really should look like. It’s a new, refreshing, exciting and different from other Private Wealth Management (Independent Financial Advisory) and Financial Planning firms that you may have met and experienced.
Its about your whole of life – not just your money! Your money is only the tool to enable you to live your “Lifestyle” and to provide for the ongoing financial security for yourself and your family.
We encourage you to “Think Big” (to achieve and maintain financial independence) and we work with you over time to help and guide you in making your dreams a reality.
We base our Private Wealth Management ideology around your life, goals, and ambitions; providing for your financial security. With regular meetings combined with our wealth management expertise we can keep you on track; making your goals a reality.
Our focus is on you, your financial needs are important to us and central to everything we do. Our team works with you to develop the right solution and consults with external experts as needed. Your Dedicated Personal Private Wealth Manager is central to our service deliverables. They coordinate the seamless delivery of our services to you, from the initial consultation steps through to implementation and, importantly, ongoing strategic reviews.
Discretionary Portfolio Management
Finding time to manage and optimize investments in today’s fast-moving and complex markets can be difficult. Our network of investment experts covers every major international market.
You can select one of our Private Mandates and have distinguished investment professionals manage your portfolio for you on a discretionary basis. These mandates reflect your investment goals and are further tailored to your personal preferences and financial situation. A Private Mandate is the perfect complement to the financial guidance provided by your Wealth Manager.
- Preserve Capital: Focused on capital preservation with a conservative investment approach
- Income: Generating an income through capital and income generating assets
- Balanced: Seeks medium term growth by balancing risk and return
- Growth: Seeks long-term growth, with the potential for modest short-term losses.
- High Growth: Seeks high long-term capital grown, whilst expecting short-term losses. Utilising a portfolio weighted towards growth assets.
- The reassurance of working with one of Hong Kong’s most trusted wealth management companies.
- A Wealth Manager who helps you pick the solution tailored to your needs, risk tolerance and investment goals.
- Delegate the burden of making regular investment decisions, within your portfolio, to the discretion of competent professionals.
- A portfolio managed by a seasoned investment team and monitored according to stringent guidelines, with strict risk control.
- Regular detailed reporting available online, personally via your Wealth Manager and directly from the product provider.
- Multiple strategies and methods of implementation available.
- Regular written disclosure of fees earned by us for your records.
- Flexible minimum amounts of investable assets.
Online Valuations 24/7
Our online services allow you secure access to view your investments 24/7. You can login any time for latest valuations and use our analytical tools.
We provide our clients with valuable news, information and analysis on market trends, developments and financial topics. Complimenting our other services and keeping them in context, we provide Market Updates directly to your nominated email account.
Since 1993 we been offering independent, expert Private Wealth Management solutions to private individuals, trustees and corporations. We are also proud to hold licences with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, the Professional Insurance Brokers Association.
Private Wealth Management – Our Services
- Personal advice in person or by other means,
- Discretionary portfolio management,
- Online valuations and analytics,
- Educational seminars and
- Update newsletters.
- A fully integrated investment and banking service providing consolidated client reporting
- UK-style current accounts, enabling transactions such as standing orders, direct debits, CHAPs and BACs transfers
- Platinum Visa debit cards (GBP, EUR, USD) and GBP cheque books
- UK and International banking services providing bank accounts in 15 different major global currencies
- A full range of treasury-related services including spot and forward foreign exchange capabilities
- Fixed term, enhanced and structured deposits in all major currencies
- Accumulation accounts (IOM and Jersey office accountholders only)
- Wholesale and institutional deposits
- Bespoke secured lending solutions including base rate-linked and foreign currency denominated loans – property, portfolio gearing
- A wealth management platform
- Access to the global universe of investment opportunities including equity funds, fixed interest funds, property funds, ETPs, ETFs, ETCs, ETNs, investment trusts, cash funds, structured notes, direct equities, fixed interest
- Custody and nominee services available both onshore and offshore
- Can be held within tax beneficial wrappers, such as SIPPs, SSAS, QROPS, QNUPS and SPVs
- Ability to produce many reports including investment valuations, transaction reports, and statements
- 24 hour online access to all your clients for ease of administration
- Direct access to dealing team
- Consolidated tax packs
Strategic Dynamic Asset Allocation
- Discretionary investment management services
- Global approach to investing
- Utilising the best of active and passive management styles
- Risk graded and cash plus return orientated
- Best of breed manager selection
- Flagship range of segregated portfolios available in GBP, USD, and AUD
- Unitised range of OEIC funds replicating the segregated portfolios – “MultiFund
- Bespoke portfolios available
- A comprehensive range of trustee and corporate services through wholly-owned subsidiaries based in Jersey and Guernsey, Nedgroup Trust.
- Simple and standard trusts
- Bespoke trust structures and administration
- Company management services
- Limited liability partnership services
- Pension trust services
- Family investment companies
- Foundation management
- Working with professional legal, tax and wealth advisers – asset holding structures, family succession planning, employee incentive plan services, charitable trusts and philanthropy arrangements, special purpose vehicles.
UK Pensions Specialists
Established UK Pensions specialists within the worldwide UK Pensions advisory environment; considered the go to advisory worldwide for UK Pension Transfers to Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes QROPS and Self Invested Personal Pensions SIPP (SIPPS) UK Pensions wherever you are in the world.
We are contacted by people throughout the world who have a UK pension, and who would like to explore their options about transferring UK Pensions usually for one of the following reasons:
1. To Secure YOUR pension (money); UK Pensions Deficits YOUR pension (money) is at risk.
2. To Reduce YOUR Tax and increase you pension income for you to spend as you wish during your lifetime.
3. To Secure the MAXIMUM benefits for your loved ones.
Our highly experienced UK advisers will review your UK Pensions and if appropriate, will work with you to transfer them into a Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Scheme (QROPS) or a Self Invested Personal Pensions SIPP (SIPPS) UK Pensions wherever you are in the world.
We advise, service, and arrange QROPS UK Pensions for clients from all over the world for example we have clients in Australia with the main enquires coming from Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Newcastle, Perth, Queensland, Sydney, and Victoria, New Zealand NZ mainly living in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, United Arab Emirates UAE, Dubai, Bahrain, Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal, USA, Canada, South Africa from Johannesburg and Cape Town, Brazil, Mexico, Moscow Russia, New Delhi India, Islamabad Pakistan, France, Monaco, Germany, Switzerland, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Panama, Costa Rica, and all of Asia; Hong Kong, Macau, Belize, Jakarta Indonesia, Tokyo Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taipei Taiwan, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Phuket Pattaya Bangkok Thailand, Manila Philippines, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Vietnam, including Beijing, Shanghai and all of China, transferring UK pensions wherever you are in the world.
So no matter where you are in the world we can help and advise you; and should a QROPS or a SIPP Pension transfer be the right course of action for you we can make all of the arrangements for you.
We have been at the forefront of the development of QROPS and SIPP Pensions worldwide since their inception; and we retain strong links with the most respected QROPS and SIPP pension providers worldwide. We are the most experienced independent advisory company in the QROPS and SIPP pensions worldwide market place. Advising not only private clients, but also private bankers at some of the largest institutions such as UBS, HSBC, and Credit Suisse.
Would you like to ask us a question or receive further information. Then please use our contact form, we will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
Why don’t you get in touch so you experience the difference and can judge for yourself.